Future space articles
This article is a little teasing on future articles that I might write. After two articles on Kubernetes, I am going to switch to aerospace themed articles. Nonetheless, they will probably be fairly focused on software.
Since a few years, I am getting more interested in space. Of course, I watched Scott Manley’s videos, played KSP, etc. But nowadays I like to design missions or spacecrafts with back-of-the-envelope estimations, perform computations and simulations. I would love to even build a rocket some day.
So, here are some article ideas, which I will probably develop in the future, to share my knowledge.
Rocket Simulator series
- How does a rocket fly: a basic simulator
- Improving our rocket simulator: advanced guidance algorithm - how to reach a specific orbit
- Using KSP as a rocket simulator - run a headless KSP with the AutoLoadGame plugin to load a saved game and kRPC plugin to fly the spacecrafts
Reverse engineering RocketLab’s Electron rocket series
- Using basic public data (mass, thrust, payload, etc) - many information can be found in the Payload users guide, on Space launch report, from it’s business time’s webcast, etc
- Advanced analysis of the onboard camera video - it might be possible to determine the altitude of the rocket by analyzing the deformation of the ground
- Free-return trajectory around the Moon
- Integration of the Apollo radar measurements in its state vectors - during landing, how was the precise radar altimeter measurements integrated with the low precision IMU position estimation, without disturbing the control algorithm
- Rocket engineering
- Engine design
- Ascent trajectory design
I will probably not follow exactly this plan, but I wanted to gather all my ideas in one place. Feel free to tell me which article you would me more interested in!
Stay tunned for more articles!